Friday, October 3, 2008

Surgery Next Week... Computer Surgery


While I have now created this blog, I wont be ready to start this project until next week (weekend?).

As mentioned, I make games, and I'm finishing one up right now. My gift to myself for finishing this project is an Acer Aspire One. I picked one up at Future Shop for a mere $299. While I already picked the machine up, I wont let myself open and use it until I ship this game. Oh the motivation! :)

I live a couple blocks away from the computer store "Mostly Digital", so I've already ordered and picked up an extra 1GB stick of RAM for $19. I want to give the machine a good burn in first, before cracking it open.

The Aspire One I picked up on Tuesday September 30th. Future Shop has a 14 day exchange/price match policy on computers. Well, given that everybody in US and Canada sell's Aspire One's for $329, and it's back up to that at Future Shop, I think the price match part wont be an issue. ;)

So, within my 14 day grace, I have until Monday October 13th (Canadian Thanksgiving!) to make sure it works correctly... or else I have to deal with Acer directly. I'm sure they're fine, but that means days instead of a 15 minute drive.

So that'll do for this hardware post. Next a quick software wishlist.

No comments: