Sunday, October 12, 2008

So far so good

Well, everything seems to be going smoothly now. I've configured Geany well. I'm currently using the F11 key to toggle fullscreen, and the F12 key to toggle Terminal on/off. Pretty slick if I do say so myself.

I checked the game code out of the repository, and it's pretty much good to go as is. I already went through the effort of tweaking my makefile to work with my brother's Aspire One, so that part was a cinch. The tough part was remembering all the libraries (and that the SDL headers and Library were different packages).

It appears the OpenGL drivers on the Aspire One don't sync by default. Which is fine, as it means I can drop in the 'nix style timer code I use on the iPhone build to correct the timings.


I've also applied the "elevator=noop" performance fix to my system. See the section "Improve read and write performance" here for details.

http://jorge.ulver.no/2008/08/06/acer-aspire-one-tips-and-tricks/

I wasn't paying that much attention, but I gotta say my boot time is extremely quick.

My stock Aspire one didn't exactly match the kernel line. My version didn't say "nolapic_timer". I don't know if that's important or not, but it still runs well.


Anyways, that's it for tonight. She's charged up and ready for Thanksgiving dinner.

No comments: