Sunday, December 28, 2008

Storage Expansion Notes

I plugged my 16 GB SDHC card in to the storage expansion port of the AA1. As expected, it added the space to the systems total space. Here's how it works.

The memory card is actually mounted at:

/media/disk

On the AA1's file manager, it shows up as:

Removable:///disk

The way the storage expansion works is this: in any folders that exist on both the user folder and this folder on the memory card, the files will be placed in which ever one has more free space. More often than not that's the memory card.

Also, in the case where a folder exists in one, but not the other, it'll be placed only on the device that has that folder. In other words, I have a "Writing" folder on my SDHC card, but not in my user folder. My files (imported from SVN) reside on the memory card.

And now you know.

Sorry, I can't remember where I read this.

No comments: